Saturday, October 9, 2010

CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES OR BARS


I was in a hurry and needed to make a fast dessert but was really craving cookies. I remember that my mom used to always make these cookies bars and it would sure save me a lot of time so this is what I made. Not only did they save a lot of time, they were super good as well.




1 c. butter
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp. hot water
1 1/2 c. sifted flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
2 c. oatmeal
12 oz. chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 - 1 c. chopped nuts (optional)
Cream butter, add sugar, cream together. Add eggs, hot water, mix together. Add flour, soda, salt. Add oatmeal, chocolate chips, vanilla and nuts slowly. Mix well. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet. Bake 350 degrees, 10-12 minutes.

For bars put in greased 9x11 inch pan. Bake 350 degrees 20-25 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Put on top while still hot. After melted, spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment