Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Oriental Chicken Salad


If I ever have to make a salad to bring somewhere, this is the salad that I make...I just love it, I crave it. I first tasted this when living in South Carolina about thirteen years ago. A women named Julie Day made it and I will forever be grateful to her for sharing the recipe with me. Here you go:

Dressing:

4 TB sugar
4 TB white or apple vinegar
1/2 cup salad oil
2/4 t. salt
black pepper

Chicken cut up
4 slices of fresh gingeroot
1 head of lettuce (shredded)
1 pk rice sticks or noodles
1/2 cup of almonds
1/2 cup sesame seeds

For dressing combine all ingredients in small saucepan, bring to a boil stirring. Boil one minute then chill. Pour over salad

Boil Chicken with peeled and sliced gingeroot until done. Cut chicken into cubes. Mix chicken, lettuce, noodles, almonds, and seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment